This year’s Annual Conference will be meeting at a new location, the TD Convention Center in Greenville SC, June 4-7, 2017.
Since this a new location, the Conference has prepared an introductory video to help clergy and lay members of the Annual Conference familiarize themselves with the Convention Center and surrounding areas prior to coming to Greenville in June. Click here to join Linda DuRant on this video tour of the TD Convention Center.
For more information, including a list of conference hotels in Greenville, click here.
The 2017 Spring Lay Servant Ministry School
March 19 & 26, 2017
2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Edgefield United Methodist Church
309 Norris St.
Edgefield SC 29824
Four courses will be offered:
- Basic Course: required of all those who wish to be certified as a Local Church Lay Servant. Cost is $33 which includes the cost of the book
- Polity: examines the organization and practices of The United Methodist Church. Cost is $23, plus the cost of the book. (Click here to order the book for this class.)
- Living Our Beliefs the United Methodist Way: Cost is $23, plus the cost of the book. (Click here to order the book for this class.)
- How Lay Leaders and Lay Servants Can Become More Effective in the Local Church: This course is new this year; it does not count as one of the courses needed for certification as a Lay Servant. Cost is $26 which includes materials for the class.
Registration deadline is March 4.
Read the letter sent to all pastors and current Lay ServantsRegistration Form.
Download a copy of the Registration Form
Download a copy of the Book List and order information for the Advanced Courses.
The 2017 Annual Conference will be hosted by the Greenville District at the TD Center in Greenville. We need lots of volunteers to be greeters, registration, parking, and information.
We have volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
- Hotel Greeters
- Parking Lot Greeters and Traffic Directors
- Bus Drivers
- Valet Parking for Handicapped and Elderly
- Building Greeters
- Information Table Workers
- Registration Table Workers
- Roving “Ask Me” Information Workers
- Ushers for Worship Services
- Help with set up and take down of chairs
- Serve as permanent worship setup workers
Click here to complete the registration form online: https://fs21.formsite.com/RobertCox/form11/index.html.
You may also download the volunteer form here; complete it; and mail to the Greenville District Office, 213 College St., Greenville, SC 29601.