The Spring 2018 Lay Servant Ministries School is set for March 18 and 25 at Leesville UMC, 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. A light supper will be served. Registration information has been mailed to all pastors and current lay servants in the Greenwood District.
Courses to be offered include:
- Basic Course: This course is required of all those who wish to be certified as a Local Church Lay Servant. If this is your first application to become a Lay Servant, you should register for this course. The cost is $33 which includes the book.
- Each One A Minister (Spiritual Gifts): This is an advanced course and the Basic course is a pre-requisite. Registration fee is $23.
- Let the Whole Church Say Amen (Prayer): This is an advanced course and the Basic course is a pre-requisite for this course. Registration fee is $23.00
- Accountable Discipleship: This is an advanced course and the Basic course is a pre-requisite for this course. Registration fee is $23.00
Registration deadline is March 10. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE TAKEN AT THE DOOR. Download the Registration Form and other information:
Required Books for the Advanced Classes:
- Each One A Minister (Spiritual Gifts class), William Carter. $9.99
- Let the Whole Church Say Amen (Prayer class), Laurence Stookey. $13.99
- Accountable Discipleship, Steven Manskar. $10.79
You may order from
Upper Room Ministries, 800-972-0433; online: http://bookstore.upperroom.org; mail: Upper Room/Discipleship Resources, PO Box 340012, Nashville, TN 37203-9540
Cokesbury, 800-672-1789; online: http://www.cokesbury.com; mail: 201 Eighth Avenue South, PO Box 801, Nashville, TN 37202-0801