The Fall 2018 Lay Servant Ministries School is set for October 21 and 28 at St. Paul UMC (Saluda), 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. A light supper will be served. Registration information has been mailed to all pastors and current lay servants in the Greenwood District.
Courses to be offered include:
- Basic Course: This course is required of all those who wish to be certified as a Local Church Lay Servant. If this is your first application to become a Lay Servant, you should register for this course. The cost is $33 which includes the book.
- United Methodist Beliefs: This is an advanced course and the Basic course is a pre-requisite. Registration fee is $23.
- Storytelling (Dancing with Words): This is an advanced course and the Basic course is a pre-requisite for this course. Registration fee is $23.00
- Taking the Church to the community and Bringing the community to the Church: This course is for all – laity and clergy – and does not require the Basic Course as a pre-requisite. This course will teach you how to lead in connecting your church with the community. Registration fee is $36 which covers all course-related materials
Registration deadline is October 15, 2018. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE TAKEN AT THE DOOR. Download the Registration Form and other information:
Required Books for the Advanced Classes:
- Living Our Beliefs the United Methodist Way, Rev. Kenneth Carder (ISBN 13: 9780881775716) (Kindle edition available from Amazon)
- Dancing with Words: Storytelling as Legacy, Culture, and Faith. Ray Buckley (ISBN 10: 0881774073)
You may order from
Upper Room Ministries, 800-972-0433; online: http://bookstore.upperroom.org; mail: Upper Room/Discipleship Resources, PO Box 340012, Nashville, TN 37203-9540
Cokesbury, 800-672-1789; online: http://www.cokesbury.com; mail: 201 Eighth Avenue South, PO Box 801, Nashville, TN 37202-0801
Amazon: order online at http://www.amazon.com