Click on the image at the left to read or download a copy of the 2019 November district newsletter.
Items of interest include:
– Where to find the Conference Program Calendar
– Annual Clergy Evaluations
– Conference Insurance Information
– Looking Ahead – Important Dates
– “Memory Babies” – an outreach of the youth from Tranquil UMC
– Follow-up to the 2019 Fall Lay Servant Ministry School
Items of Interest in this month’s issue include:
- October Clergy Meeting (note date change)
- Greenwood Wesley Fellowship
- Pastor Annual Evaluation
- October Consultation and Charge Conference Schedules
- 2019 Fall Lay Servant School
- Connectional Ministries
- Congregational Development
- Cokesbury Curriculum Fair
Click on the image at the left to read or download a copy of this month’s newsletter.
The SC Conference Board of Ordained Ministry has provided information about continuing education opportunities for SC clergy.
CECG Guidelines (1) There are two types of Continuing Education Covenant Groups (CECG). One is a traditional group with a similar format to the Residency Groups for provisional deacons and elders. The other is a focus
group with a format based on a specific area of education. Both Groups are offered annually by the
Board of Ordained ministry and coordinated by the Director of Continuing Education Groups. Anyone appointed in the SC Annual Conference (LP, FE, FD, AM, DM, RM, OE, OD) may participate. Provisional members should complete Residency prior to participating in a CECG.
CECG 2014 15 Brochure (1) – Continuing Education Covenant Groups 2014-2015
Traditional Group: The Greenwood District Traditional Group is led by Rev. Kathy Carr and Rev. Steven King. The organizational meeting is set for September 16, 10:00 a.m., at St. John’s UMC, 513 West Church St., Batesburg-Leesville. Contact person is Rev. Kathy Carr (email@example.com). Education Focus: Non-violent understanding of Atonement using writings by several authors.
Focus Groups: Body Challenge/Spirit Challenge. Mike Henderson is the contact person (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Two-Day Focus on Sermon Delivery. Contact person is Rev. John Stapleton (email@example.com)
Becoming a Transformational Leader. Contact person is Rev. James McCoy-Bruce (firstname.lastname@example.org)