The January 2019 issue of the Greenwood District newsletter is now available.
Items of interest include:
- District Leadership Training, January 20
- District PPRC/Lay Leader Training, January 27
- Safe Sanctuary/Sexual Ethics Training Events
- District “Packing Party”
- Faith-Sharing Workshop
Click on the image to the left to read or download a copy of this month’s newsletter.
Bishop Jonathan Holston continues his district visits this year to meet with pastors and laity concerning the way forward for churches in the SC Conference.
October 28 is the day Bishop Holston will be in the Greenwood District. Pastors and a leadership team from their churches are expected to join with the Bishop at St. Mark UMC Rivers St. Campus, 1633 Rivers St., Greenwood, on Saturday, October 28, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This year’s theme is By Faith, On Mission, Together. Bishop Holston will spend the morning with church leadership teams thinking about how we equip our congregations to walk faithfully into God’s vision for God’s church. Teams will have the opportunity to hear what churches are learning from the Forward Focus process, and the day will close with Holy Communion as we celebrate our connection to one another and to Jesus Christ.
Pastors are reminded that this is the October district clergy meeting. Attendance is expected.
The 2017 Spring Lay Servant Ministry School
March 19 & 26, 2017
2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Edgefield United Methodist Church
309 Norris St.
Edgefield SC 29824
Four courses will be offered:
- Basic Course: required of all those who wish to be certified as a Local Church Lay Servant. Cost is $33 which includes the cost of the book
- Polity: examines the organization and practices of The United Methodist Church. Cost is $23, plus the cost of the book. (Click here to order the book for this class.)
- Living Our Beliefs the United Methodist Way: Cost is $23, plus the cost of the book. (Click here to order the book for this class.)
- How Lay Leaders and Lay Servants Can Become More Effective in the Local Church: This course is new this year; it does not count as one of the courses needed for certification as a Lay Servant. Cost is $26 which includes materials for the class.
Registration deadline is March 4.
Read the letter sent to all pastors and current Lay ServantsRegistration Form.
Download a copy of the Registration Form
Download a copy of the Book List and order information for the Advanced Courses.