This year’s Annual Conference will be meeting at a new location, the TD Convention Center in Greenville SC, June 4-7, 2017.
Since this a new location, the Conference has prepared an introductory video to help clergy and lay members of the Annual Conference familiarize themselves with the Convention Center and surrounding areas prior to coming to Greenville in June. Click here to join Linda DuRant on this video tour of the TD Convention Center.
For more information, including a list of conference hotels in Greenville, click here.
The 2017 Annual Conference will be hosted by the Greenville District at the TD Center in Greenville. We need lots of volunteers to be greeters, registration, parking, and information.
We have volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
- Hotel Greeters
- Parking Lot Greeters and Traffic Directors
- Bus Drivers
- Valet Parking for Handicapped and Elderly
- Building Greeters
- Information Table Workers
- Registration Table Workers
- Roving “Ask Me” Information Workers
- Ushers for Worship Services
- Help with set up and take down of chairs
- Serve as permanent worship setup workers
Click here to complete the registration form online: https://fs21.formsite.com/RobertCox/form11/index.html.
You may also download the volunteer form here; complete it; and mail to the Greenville District Office, 213 College St., Greenville, SC 29601.
It’s never too early to begin planning for the 2017 Annual Conference of the South Carolina United Methodist Church.
Click on the picture at the left to access or download a list of Conference hotels in Greenville, South Carolina.
Items of Interest include:
- Sending Forth Celebration, May 20, Wesley Commons
(Meal Reservation Card included in the newsletter)
- Pre-Conference Training, May 22, St. Paul UMC, Saluda
- Registration now open for IMMERSE 2016
- Strength for Service Devotional Books and Order Form
Click on the picture at the left to read online or download a copy of the newsletter.
Pre-Conference Packets were mailed on Friday, April 22. Because these are mailed bulk rate, it may take several days to arrive. The pre-conference packet is on-line: http://www.umcsc.org/home/resources/2016-annual-conference/
The Greenwood District Pre-Conference Training Session is set for Sunday, May 22, 3:00 p.m – 5:00 p.m., St. Paul UMC, Saluda.
Pastors are asked to share this information with their Lay Member(s) to Annual Conference.