Sunday, January 21, 2018
Lowell St. United Methodist Church
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Gathering 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Worship Begins at 3:00 p.m. and the Breakout Sessions at 3:30 p.m.
This year’s sessions are:
- Keeping The Church’s Statistical Data And How To Report Them.Leader: Ms. Beth Westbury, Conference Treasurer. Participants will look at the 2017 Statistical Tables I, II, and III, explore the new questions that are included, review how to access the online tables, and answer other questions related to keeping accurate church records. This session is recommended for pastors, church secretaries/administrative assistants, membership secretaries, finance secretaries, finance chairpersons, church treasurers.
- Safe Sanctuaries. Leader: Rev. Cathy Joens. This session is recommended for pastors, trustee committee members, anyone who works with children, youth, vulnerable adults, congregational nurses, local church disaster response coordinators and committee members.
- Lay Leader and Pastor as Ministry Partners. Leaders: Mr. Tony Watson, District Lay Leader, and Mr. David Salter. This session is recommended for pastors and local church lay leaders.
- Pastor Parish Relations Committee Training. Leader: Rev. Dr. Stephen L. Love, Greenwood District Superintendent. This session is for all members of the Pastor Parish Relations Committee.
- Encouraging, Enabling, Empowering Our Youth. Leader: Ms. Julie McLaughlin, Minister for Children and Youth, St. Mark UMC, Greenwood. This session is recommended for pastors, local church youth leaders, and anyone who works with youth in their local church and/or district.
- Inside/Out – Connecting With Your Community. Leader: Rev. Jason Wilson, Pastor, Grace UMC, Abbeville. Bishop Holston has said that “a church that doesn’t connect with the community is not a church.” This session is open to all and recommended for pastors, members of the committees on Nurture and Outreach, anyone interested in learning how to take your church out into your neighborhood and community.
- Communicating Your Church’s Story: Using Multimedia Resources in Worship. Leader: Rev. Scott Smoak, pastor, Virginia Wingard UMC, Columbia. Participants will look at how to use multimedia as part of a worship service, multimedia resources, and Copyright guidelines for using multimedia in a church setting. This session is recommended for pastors, local church communications coordinators, worship leaders, and church musicians. Anyone interested may attend this session.
No registration is required to attend this annual training event.