It is with great sadness that all Salkehatchie Summer Service Camps for Summer 2020 have been cancelled in a precautionary move to keep everyone safe during this time of uncertainty related to the Coronavirus.
We pray everyone will find safe ways of helping those in need in his/her own community during this COVID-19 crisis.
Click on the image at the left to download or read the February 2020 edition of the News-A-Plenty.
A copy has been sent to all pastors in the Greenwood District.
Items of interest include:
- District Day Apart – Coping Through Faith
- Follow-up Report on District Officers’ Training Event
- 2020 Calendar of Events
- Registration Form & Information about SCUMW Spiritual Growth Retreat
- St. Mark UMW Annual Book Sale
- SCUMW Annual Meeting at Main St. UMC
Items of interest include:
- Mission u information and registration
- 2019 Annual Meeting Notice
- Calendar of Events
- Recap of Greenwood District Day Apart
- Happy 105th Birthday, UMW
Click on the image to the left to read or download a copy of June’s News-a-Plenty.
The SC Conference put out a call for Elder Baskets for older Native Americans asking for 1 basket from each church in the SC Conference to be delivered to the Greenville Convention Center for the 2019 Annual Conference. The churches of the Greenwood District responded to the call, contributing over 100 baskets. This picture shows the baskets waiting to be loaded for transport to the Greenville Convention Center. Special thanks to Rev. Cheryl Remchuk, Rev. John Elmore, Rev. Mike Evans, and Ms Cathy Trevino, director of the Greenwood District Lay Servant Ministries for their help in preparing and loading these baskets for transport. Special thanks to St. Mark UMC, Greenwood, for the use of their Salkehatchie trailer in carrying these baskets to Conference.
The annual Greenwood District revival was held April 28 through May 2 at the following churches:
- Troy UMC, Rev. Barrett Alewine, pastor
- Mays UMC, Rev. Thessa Smith, pastor
- Ware Shoals UMC, Rev. Bill Rogers, pastor
- Edgefield UMC, Rev. Judson King, pastor
- Crossroads Outreach Ministries, Rev. Gerald Clinkscales, pastor
Each night of the revival a ministry of, and/or through, the Greenwood District was highlighted and the offering designated for that ministry: UMW (Wallace Family Life Center; Greenwood Wesley Fellowship of Lander University and Piedmont Technical College; I Can Make A Difference, the summer enrichment program of the Greenwood District; UMM (the 2019 men’s retreat); Crossroads Outreach Ministries.
To support the mission initiative of the 2019 Annual Conference, churches were encouraged to prepare and bring completed Elder Baskets to a revival service. The baskets were blessed during the worship service and will be taken to Annual Conference in June. To date, we have received 74 baskets!
Scroll down to see some pictures from this year’s Revival.