Items of interest include:
- Mission u information and registration
- 2019 Annual Meeting Notice
- Calendar of Events
- Recap of Greenwood District Day Apart
- Happy 105th Birthday, UMW
Click on the image to the left to read or download a copy of June’s News-a-Plenty.
The annual Greenwood District revival was held April 28 through May 2 at the following churches:
- Troy UMC, Rev. Barrett Alewine, pastor
- Mays UMC, Rev. Thessa Smith, pastor
- Ware Shoals UMC, Rev. Bill Rogers, pastor
- Edgefield UMC, Rev. Judson King, pastor
- Crossroads Outreach Ministries, Rev. Gerald Clinkscales, pastor
Each night of the revival a ministry of, and/or through, the Greenwood District was highlighted and the offering designated for that ministry: UMW (Wallace Family Life Center; Greenwood Wesley Fellowship of Lander University and Piedmont Technical College; I Can Make A Difference, the summer enrichment program of the Greenwood District; UMM (the 2019 men’s retreat); Crossroads Outreach Ministries.
To support the mission initiative of the 2019 Annual Conference, churches were encouraged to prepare and bring completed Elder Baskets to a revival service. The baskets were blessed during the worship service and will be taken to Annual Conference in June. To date, we have received 74 baskets!
Scroll down to see some pictures from this year’s Revival.
Items of interest in the May issue of the Greenwood District newsletter include:
- Review and pictures of the 2019 District Revival
- Annual Conference update
- District Work Days
- Safe Sanctuary Training
- ERT Training
Click on the image at the left to read or download a copy of this month’s newsletter.
Everyone is invited to our
2019 Annual District
April 28: Troy UMC, 127 Church St., Troy. 6:00 p.m. Mission emphasis – United Methodist Women
April 29: Mays UMC, 535 Church St., Ext. N., Ninety Six. 7:00 p.m. Mission emphasis: I Can Make A Difference summer program
April 30: Ware Shoals UMC, 7 Greenwood Ave., Ware Shoals. 7:00 p.m. Mission emphasis: Greenwood Wesley Fellowship (Campus Ministry)
May 1: Edgefield UMC, 309 Norris St., Edgefield. 7:00 p.m. Mission emphasis: United Methodist Men
May 2: Crossroads Outreach Ministry, 1280 McCormick Hwy (Hwy. 378), Saluda. 7:00 p.m. Mission emphasis: outreach ministries from Crossroads.
The offering each evening will be designated for the mission being highlighted at each service.
Reminder: We are supporting the 2019 Annual Conference mission project by asking for Elder Baskets to be brought to our revival services. Each charge is asked to bring or send one Elder Basket to Conference. Directions for creating an Elder Basket.
Click on the image below to read or download a copy of this month’s newsletter.
Items of interest include:
Items of Interest include:
– Statement from Rev. Love regarding 2019 General Conference
– Spring Lay Servant School (Registration deadline is March 19)
– SCMYP District Tour
– Blood Drive at Crossroads Outreach in Saluda
– March District Clergy Meeting
-District UMW Day Apart